Thursday, November 10, 2011

NOTES FROM A GALLERY SITTER:

I am new to the gallery co-op idea, but it has always appealed to me.  I have enjoyed gallery-sitting these past few months.  This little town is on the way to the Grand Canyon National Park and is filled with visitors from all across this beautiful country and the big wide world.  One never knows who may be passing through the doors – I have been able to try my sadly limited foreign word vocabulary out on a number of extremely nice folks.  It is a pleasure to offer advice on restaurants, side-trips, and local road conditions.

The guests passing through are not the only benefit I have found.  It is fun to be in the presence of the great talents that Williams shelters.  I have enjoyed the positive attitudes and interesting insights of my colleagues in this business.  I am such an amateur and they give me inspiration.
I hope that everyone who is reading this note can someday come by this gallery – or there is probably another one quite similar in a place near your home – and see the spirit and hope in such a place.


Paula Nord

No comments:

Post a Comment